Monday, June 18, 2012

9Foster Growth Unit 9

                             Concepts I have Learned



I.                    Introduction:
It is very important for health care professionals to develop psychologically, spiritually and physical wellness you have to understand the concept of the healing process in order to be able to use it and teach it to others and help them with their healing process on their own.  The areas I need to develop to help myself in my goals is the physical wellness part and really get my health and body right to live a longer life and learn to take care of myself on a fitness level.
II.                   Assessment:
In each domain I have learned how to focus on my spiritual side of me and how to control my feelings of when I am feeling stressed and to get into a place and listen to some music like the ocean waves and mediation is the best key to relive my stress and help with the control of my anger.  Psychologically part of my learning was getting in my inner thoughts to clear my mind and soul and when you have a clear mind it works so well together with the healing part.  Physical part is a work in progress I am really trying to get in more of that part of the work out it’s just hard to do every day when I am so tired.  I score my wellness on the level of a 10 and I am in great health and shape for my age. Spiritually is the best on my score I am very high in spirit and learning to get into with my spiritual side of me. Physically and psychologically is the low one I score this at a 5 need to work on this part.

III.                Goal development:
The one goal I have in the area of physical is to get more exercise on a daily level and to improve my health. Psychological the one goal is to just keep on focusing on my inner thoughts and have more positive ones than negative.  Spiritual my goal is to get more in to my mediation modes more so than when I am not having a good day but even when I am having good days to learn to just mediate and keep my heart on god.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa,

    I agree with you that it is important for health care professional to develop psychologically, spiritually and physical wellness in order to teach others. I am with you that I need to work on my physical wellness a little more. I get very side tracked with schoolwork and sometimes do not find time to work out because of it. Good point about when you are feeling stressed to listen to music like ocean waves and meditation to relieve stress and help you control anger. I find the same techniques work for me. I agree with you too that physically I need more exercise. I find that getting up early helps me find time to exercise. I wish you well and hope you succeed with your goals.

    Tabatha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,it is great that you score so well on spirituality. You seem to understand the connection between indepth spirituality and inner-health. I was reading in our discussion boards and a student post's described how they did not really care about this aspect of healing and this is interesting to me because faith comes in many different styles. Just as you mention that spirituality can help control anger and relieve stress. I was wondering if you had any ideas for motivational tools regarding you wanting to increase your exercising?
    Thanks
    Cindy P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, two months ago I made the decision to do the PX90 exercise program and I have to say it is one of the best decisions I have made. I use to start exercising and then I would stop because I would get bored or give myself permission to "put it off until tomorrow". Since I have been exercising I noticed my mental mind-set is much better as well. I understand why integral healing include the three areas: mental, physical, and spiritual. They all need nurturing and all compliment eachother. I hope you achieve your goal to exercise and improve your health. Just don't give yourself permission to procrastinate.

    ~~Stephen Young

    ReplyDelete