Sunday, May 13, 2012

Love and Kindness exercise:

My experience was a little hard to follow at first but after listening to the video for a while I got more into it and relaxed more. Some what difficult to understand the first one the love one was much better to keep up with and get more out of it when you do it will love of the one that you love it makes it much easier to have that one in your life to share the love and relax with it makes the experience more better. I do recommend this exercise to others it will help on a love kindness relationship and makes you grow closer to each other. Mental workout is a little bit different it has a lot to do with the mind more so than the body but like meditation is the key to mental workout and it can clear the mind of all negative thoughts and relax your mind as well. It is great for your health with keeping down your stress level and not having anxiety and feeling over whelmed....


Lisa Kimbrough

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa,

    I agree this was a little hard to follow at first. I did not like the voice on it but everything else was so relaxing. I liked the love part and it is easy to think of the loved ones in your life. I also would recommend this exercise. I never even thought about “mental workouts” before this class but now I really like them and think they are important. I really think the relaxation part is great for everyone because everyone has stress in their lives and gets busy so they may forget about how much they love the people in their lives, or how to show it. This exercise was great for that. Good job with your blog this week.

    Tabatha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    I am so happy to hear that you liked this exercise better! I found it to be not only beneficial for myself, but I felt more love towards my husband afterwards and felt a deeper connection with him. I have issues with someone in my life right now who I would not classify as an enemy, but that I need to work things out with, one way or another and this person is not willing to work out those issues. However, after doing this exercise, I felt a peace about the situation and I felt as if I don't need to be in control of the situation any longer. I have done what I can do and I need to let happen what is going to happen in the future. I hold no ill will towards this person and I am able to wish them the best of luck and hope that they reach this same peace, for themselves in the future, and I truly mean it.

    Great post!
    Kris Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I agree that the key to doing mental workouts is to clear your mind of all negative thoughts. When I first began my meditative practice, I experienced frustration because I could not clear my mind of things that bothered me. I would get to where I thought everything was out and I was relaxed...then something would creep back in. But, I through consistent practice, I have found my focal point,and it helps allot.

    ~~Stephen Young

    ReplyDelete